Thursday, January 10, 2013

What If?




A woman anguished over the insecurities of her Love.  Shattered by the painful hurt of infidelity. Led to the edge of, What if?

What if?

What if..., I just let go?
Taking each day as it flows.

Not anticipating anger.
Not inducing panic rage.
Not pushing myself on him.
Not playing by his game.

Perhaps... have my own agenda.
Making plans for me.
Taking care of myself.
Setting myself free.

What if,
When I see the bullet comming,
Rest assured it's certain to be.
I bend to flee its path.
and find my own destiny?

Arriving on a distant shore.
The canvas pure and clean.
Untraveled by the journeyman.
A future not yet seen.

What if?

What if the Love I have searched for.
Has been waiting in the wings.
Just waiting for my decision.
To care more about some things.

What if, seems to never answer. The Questions in my heart.
Nor can it make me feel better.
When I am lonely and falling apart.
Only when I choose to stand,
For who I really am.
Will The love I hide with in me,
Have a chance to live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment