Friday, February 22, 2013

A Poem For Mommy


A Poem For Mommy
There is a pain I cannot explain
It fills me with sorrow
My tears fall like rain
You were taken from me
No warning at all
This is a time
I feel ungodly small
I can’t see you or touch you
Like I use to do
It feels so lonley without you
I call out your name
No answer I hear
I reach for you motherly arms
To hold me near
I pick up the phone
I can’t hear your voice
All that I hear

Is a buzzing noise
I look in the mirror
I see you in me
You would think that this
Would fill my heart with glee
Instead what I feel is a
Huilt beyond compare
My hands were tied
I wasn’t there
I ask myself why
as I reach for the sky
I try to be strong
I try not to cry
But what in the world
Am I to do
When my worst dream
Has come true.

(In memory of Karin P. Spencer)

No comments:

Post a Comment